Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Totally Proud Parents

Sorry but I have to have just a quick brag moment about my totally awesome kids! We went to SEP (or as I have known it for my entire life, Parent-Teacher Conference) tonight and walked out of there feeling like we have the most amazing kids ever. It is the BEST feeling to sit at a table and have your child's teacher tell you how smart and great they are. After stressing daily about getting homework done, making projects, getting kids to soccer, dance, scouts, activity days, doctor appointments, dentist appointments, etc., etc., etc. it feels like it pays off when you hear these type of things. They told me things like: Cooper tested at a reading level of an 11th grader, Cambrie rated "above average" on all of her end of level testing from last year, and both teachers told us just how great they are doing and how they appreciated them in class. I know it's their job to make us feel good but it is just really nice to have them be so sincere about it. I seriously got emotional listening to them talk about my kids. I know I am pretty hard on my kids at times and Chon and I have pretty high expectations but we just want them to do well.

Coop and Cam...we are extremely PROUD of you and we Love you so much! Thanks for being such great kids!

Cam standing in front of the wall of "disguised turkeys". Her's is the one to the left of her with the pink dancer costume. This is my FAVORITE project in school. They do this every year in 4th grade. Cooper did a Hippie turkey 2 years ago and now Cam did hers as a dancer. It is so fun to see how creative all the kids and parents are.


Coop with his service project ornament. The 6th grade is sponsoring four families to help at Christmas time and I told Coop I thought it would be good for him to pick an ornament and pay for the gift with his money. He did so without complaining.

We went to eat at Marie Callendars for a little celebration afterwards. Gues Conlie got a little "partied" out.


3 comments:

Stokes Folks said...

LOVE the turkeys - they are so cute! Also LOVE the Proud Mama moments! Congrats on raising such awesome kids! (They couldn't help but be awesome with a Mama like you!)

venbob1 said...

AMEN to the Stokes comments. So proud of all of you. LOVE Mom, grandma W.

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

Congrats Cooper and Cambrie! Awesome kids and awesome parents! You guys are such a great, sweet family!