Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Day of Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving!
As a family, we are so very grateful for the many blessings we have in our lives. We have so much to be grateful for --- First, we are grateful to have each other and such a wonderful family. As the saying goes "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all". That fits our family perfectly! We get kind of crazy, busy and grouchy but we have a great family life. We are grateful for our extended family, many wonderful friends, our belief in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, employment, all the necessities of life (and a few extras). There's so much more I could list but let's just say we are grateful for our great life!

Now, on the lighter side....I personally am grateful for "buffet pants" to wear to Thanksgiving Dinner, many things that make me laugh EVERY day, a credit card that allows me to get a little crazy on Black Friday (oops, did I just say that?), chocolate, and so many other things that make me smile!
______________________________________________

As you may remember from a few posts ago, Cooper and Cambrie make little "turkeys in disguise" in 4th grade at school. I think I have posted a picture of Cambrie's, but I took some pictures of both of them because they are just so darn cute!


Just relaxin' before the big Turkey Dinner


Cambrie and her Cousin Katelyn were invited to go to Grandma and Grandpa's the night before to get some decorating done for the dinner. They spent quite a bit of time on these "tablecloths".

Here's a little closer look at some of the decorations Cambrie did with her Cricut machine before she went over.




Conlie and Brooklyn

Everyone busy getting the last preparations ready for the dinner. Thanks Mom and Dad for all you do for us and for hosting such a great dinner!


n

I LOVE this picture so much! I love you two boys and it is so nice to see you so happy and sweet with each other. Cooper is really growing up but not so much that he can't share a nice moment with his dad!


Cuties!

OK, so this next photo has quite a story behind it. These are "sweet potato balls" - a staple at our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. When Chon and I were first dating and he came to a Holiday Dinner with me for the first time, he could not believe that this was something that people actually eat - sweet potatoes mashed up, pressed over a marshmallow, and rolled in corn flakes and then baked. This was a very foreign idea to someone who typically ate seafood and veggies at a holiday dinner. He thought it was about the most disgusting thing he had ever heard of. He and my Grandma Gailey have a great relationship that they can really joke around so he teases every single year about the "yam balls" as he calls them. FINALLY, this Thanksgiving, after 14 years of teasing, he ate one and guess what "it wasn't too bad".

Digging into the Yam Balls

So the Tryptophan from the Turkey is setting in and now it's nap time!

2 comments:

Stokes Folks said...

I've never heard of yam balls either - weird! I'm not a yam fan. LOVE the table decorations. What a great idea! Your family is so dang cute!

The Rockin Robertsons said...

Cute! I have to say I would probably like Yam balls. I'll take the recipe. Looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday. Love the last picture the most. That says it all!