Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I am very lucky to be sandwiched between an AWESOME mom and 4 AMAZING kiddos! I am a blessed mother! I am so grateful to my mom for always being there for me, for listening to me, for giving me good advice, and for being a fantastic grandma to my kids. I am thankful for her teaching me to be respectful, hard working, and responsible and also how to have a little fun. I Love You! To my kids, I am so lucky to have been trusted with such super kids. I really don't deserve them but I will certainly keep them! I love each of them so much for the special qualities they possess and for the unconditional love they show to me. I am certainly the not best mom ever and I, just like any other mom, have frustrating moments but it truly is so rewarding to be a mom!

Cooper was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting and it was a nice surprise to hear him speak so kindly of me. As always, he was very candid and honest about things and told the audience that he "needs to respect me more so I don't get mad, because NOBODY likes a mad mom." It was funny!

We had a nice brunch at Derrick and Hollie's house to celebrate moms and May Birthdays. Thanks for putting that on!

Me and Mom

Carrie, Mom, Derrick, Mindi

2 comments:

venbob1 said...

I'm the lucky one to have such good kids and awesome grandkids! You all make me so proud. You chose the perfect mates and together are in the process of raising your children to be loving, kind, good and responsible individuals just like you are, you set the example! You all made Mother's day yet another special day for me. I love you all so much! Mom, grandma xoxox

The Lane Family said...

You are very lucky to have 4 beautiful happy children but they are very lucky to have you as their mom! You are such an awesome mom! I am so thankful I have you to look up to and for the example you set of what a true mother is! I love you and happy mothers day!