Friday, April 29, 2011

World Fair

Cooper got to participate in another great 6th grade Project called the World Fair. Each student was assigned a Country and had to do a very large and detailed research based report on it. They did a full typed report, a display board, a fact sheet, and a flip chart. It was a lot of work and Cooper did it all himself (even if part of it was done and 10:30 pm the night before it was due). He did a great job and it was fun to go to the school and see what creative things the other kids did.


Coop has such a great personality and has a good sense about him. As part of the report, they were required to write their opinion of how they felt about the report. This is Cooper's exact words "I disliked this report. I picked Portugal just for their soccer team. I learned a lot of new things. I liked most that their schools only have three cycles. This was the only thing I liked. It took so long I hated it. Portugal is pretty cool though." I just thought that was funny and I questioned him when he turned it in but he said he was told do be honest. When I went to the World Fair his teacher asked if I had read his report. I nervously told her that I had and was worried about what she may say. She just laughed and said it was great and that she really did tell them to be honest. Below is the actual grading sheet that she wrote her comments on.

2 comments:

The Lane Family said...

That is awesome! Way to stick to the truth! One day you use that information you gathered on Portugal I just know it! We love you so much!

venbob1 said...

What a great learning experience. Cooper, I'm proud of you for being so honest, very awesome of you!!! You sure look handsome in those orange suspenders! Love ya, grandma w.