Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Miracles DO Happen!

Many of you know I lost my wedding ring about a week and a half ago. Pretty depressing! We searched the house like crazy and nothing turned up. I had a sneaking suspicion that my sweet, little mischevious Conlie could have been involved in the incident but every time I asked her she had a fabulous story to tell but it was different every time! I had called my insurance company only to find out it wasn't covered so really, we were just out of luck...13 years of wedded bliss :) and now no ring to show for it (I do, however, have plenty of other things to show...4 beautiful kids, a great husband, a lot of stress, and a bunch of weight...but no ring!). I had pretty much given up on finding it but oddly, I was actually really calm the whole time. It just seemed like it would turn up although I was very unsettled all the time thinking about it. My mom suggested that we borrow my grandma and grandpa's metal detector. I thought there was no way that would help because how much metal is in a house? What the heck, I gave it a try. We got the metal detector and Coop and Cam set out to play with it in the back yard....guess what?? within 5 minutes of searching, the ring was found! It was down in the bottom of the grass out by the swing set almost buried in dirt (now we know how Conlie played a factor in it). Cooper had even mowed the lawn since it was lost and there was no damage to the ring. It didn't even have dirt on it! What a miracle! There were a lot of prayers given in the name of finding it. I am so glad to have it back. Great job kids for finding it, and great job mom for suggesting the metal detector!

2 comments:

The Harvey's said...

I didn't know it was lost! But I am glad it is found!

Stokes Folks said...

WOW! Just meant to be married! (Or look married anyways!!!)